On the day of Vadim Klyuchnik, the people revered water and its sources. April, our ancestors, recovered to the rivers and lakes — to clean them. It was believed that if this was not done, then there would be no spring! They said: “Underground water, we open the spring ways for you!” Also on this day, they washed themselves with spring water and drank it. They believed that now she has a special healing power that can heal any ailment.
In addition, at springs and sources on Vadim Klyuchnik, they wondered about the death and life of patients or just loved ones. They prayed on all four sides and thought: alive or dead? If a person has a long life ahead, the water stands like a piece of glass, bright. If the patient is waiting for a quick death, the keys will be blocked, they will boil.
Drawing water from the key on this day, you need to say: “King of the water, king of the earth, queen of the water, queen of the earth, give me water for good health.”
Weather signs for April:
- Sunrise with whitish highlights? There will be no rain the next day.
- The dandelion has blossomed — a real spring has come!
- Is the wind blowing, and fog hanging in the air? By the harvest year.
- If good weather has not been established by 22 April, then the summer will be dry.
- It started to rain — to a good harvest.
- There is a lot of birch sap — the summer will be cool and humid.
- Kulik flew in — spring has firmly come into its own.
- If red clouds are visible in the sky before sunrise, then there will be wind.
- When it rained, did bubbles appear on the water? The rain will drag on.
Name days are celebrated today: Vadim, Leon, Luka.
The church now honors St. Vadim, an archimandrite who lived in the 4th century. He died for faith in Christ, baptizing the inhabitants of Persia.