The Church 28 of April honors the memory of the holy Apostle Pud. This is one of the seventy apostles who were sent with the gospel before the coming of Jesus. Saint Pud, together with Peter, was martyred in Rome during the reign of Emperor Nero, who organized numerous persecutions of Christians.
The people also believed that April is an ideal day for harvesting medicinal herbs, as well as buds of mountain ash and viburnum. And today, beekeepers inspect the apiaries and omshaniki, where they put the hives for the winter.
The weather signs are as follows:
- Are the clouds branched around the circumference visible on this day? To clear and dry days.
- If the bees returned to the hive early that day, then warming will come in the near future.
- Is it cold at night 28 in April, and is it very hot during the day? Good weather will soon set in.
- Rooks are playing in the sky — to warm and sunny weather.
- Land again along the ravines froze — to a poor harvest.
- If the day is clear, and in the evening clouds thicken in the sky, it will probably rain soon.
- Dawn 28 of April red — to windy and rainy weather.