Attention! Heavy downpours, thunderstorms, hail in Crimea
According to the Crimean Department for Hydrometeorology and Environmental Monitoring, during the day on May 26, 27, 28, heavy showers, thunderstorms, hail, and a squall of 15-20 m/s are expected in Crimea. On the rivers of the northern foothills of the Crimea and the South Coast, water levels are expected to rise by 0.5-1.5 m without reaching dangerous levels.
Under these conditions, there is a high probability of occurrence of emergencies associated with accidents at energy facilities, housing and communal services, an increase in the number of traffic accidents, violations of transport communications, difficulties in the movement of vehicles on roads, long descents and ascents, dangerous turns and mountain passes. Flooding areas are possible. There is a threat to the life and health of the population due to the possible fall of billboards, weakly reinforced structures, trees and possible breaks in power lines— the press service of the Main Directorate of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Russia for the Republic of Crimea notes.
There is also a possibility of accidents in the waters of the Black Sea, the Sea of Azov and the Kerch Strait. The presence of people in the coastal zone, on piers and shore protection structures is life threatening.
The Main Directorate of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Russia for the Republic of Crimea recommends observing the following security measures:
- exclude access to the mountain-forest area;
- refrain from entering the sea and inland waters;
- do not go to the embankments and bank protection structures;
- pay attention to the condition of drainage systems, diversion channels, storm drains, cleaning storm sewers from debris;
- limit stay in the immediate vicinity of riverbeds, including dry ones.
- we recommend that the population living in the immediate vicinity of water bodies and in areas of dry riverbeds take measures to preserve their property.
- drivers of motor vehicles, if it is impossible to restrict exit, to be extremely careful on the road, not to exceed the speed limit and strictly observe the rules of the road.
In case of bad weather, pay special attention to the safety of children and the elderly, be attentive to others.
In case of emergencies, you must call: 101 — a single telephone number for firefighters and rescuers.
Detailed weather forecast for cities and towns of Crimea —
Comments are closed.