Other «names» 11 of May are Maximov’s day, Maxim and Jason, Maxim the birch tree. The people firmly believed that this day was endowed with real magical power. The main thing was to collect birch sap. It was said that today it has healing properties. Able to help in the treatment of edema, arthritis, scurvy, anemia, gout, furunculosis. In addition, people who know today prepared various drugs from plantain, coltsfoot, nettle.
And also on Jason’s Day, our ancestors were «sorcerers» — they caught a warm spring wind from the south in a votive amulet at the crossroads. Then it was hung around the patient’s neck, and then, according to popular belief: «The wind is warm — there will be a big man.»
Weather signs are as follows:
- Clear sunrise, not a cloud in the sky? Summer will be sunny.
- On the night of 11 May, is the night warm and starry? To a plentiful harvest.
- The south wind is blowing — there will be many thunderstorms in summer.
- Was there a downpour, and the temperature dropped before it ended? In the coming days, the weather will improve.
- Dandelions have just bloomed — the summer will be dry.
- The stars twinkle strongly at dawn — in the near time it will rain.
- Butterflies hid in sheds and houses — it will be windy and cold.