In the people May was considered one of the most unlucky days of the year. At the same time, however, there is no clear explanation why the day received such a difficult fame — no.
The church today honors the memory of St. Theodore. He was from a wealthy family living in Egypt. He left his native home for the monastery early. Later he met with the Great Pachomius and began to live with him. As soon as Pahom died, Fedor began to manage the Tavennis monastery and the Thebaid dwelling. The famous miracle worker died in old age.
Signs of the day:
- The mountain ash has blossomed — really warm days will come soon. If the mountain ash blooms late, the autumn will be long and harsh. Are there many berries on the mountain ash? Winter will be very cold.
- Thunder rumbles 29 May there will be a good harvest of grain. warm weather will set in.
- Frogs croak during the rain — the weather will improve soon.
- Butterflies remained in shelters after the rain — bad weather will continue.
- Water lilies appeared — there will be no more night frosts.
Name days are celebrated today: Alexander, Arkady, George, Ephraim, Modest, Muse, Nikolai, Peter, Fedor.