May 8 — Mark's day. The key keeper unlocks the sky
The people on May 8 were called differently: Mark the key keeper, Mark’s day, a woman’s holiday, Bird starvation. But the meaning was the same — they honored St. Mark, whom our ancestors considered the lord of spring showers. It was said that he was the key-keeper who unlocked the sky and poured rain on the earth.
It was believed that if it “rains” in May for three days, then this year there will be a rich harvest. So Mark was begged to send heavy downpours.
As for the weather forecast for the day:
- The cuckoo cuckoos on this day — there will be no more frosts.
- Good weather and sunshine? To a plentiful harvest of spring crops.
- A warm evening and a starry sky — to a bountiful harvest.
- Clear weather — summer will be hot.
- High rainbow in the sky? For warm and clear weather. A low rainbow is a bad sign, portending great misfortune.
- Three heavy rains in May — a lot of bread will be born.
- Birds appeared in the garden and garden — to a good harvest on trees and beds.
- Cold and frequent rains — do not expect honey.
- On May 8, the birds sang in the rain — soon the end of bad weather.
- The greener the rainbow, the heavier the rain will be
- Cumulus clouds in the morning, and stratus clouds are visible in the evening — a thunderstorm will soon begin.
- Birds fly to the hemp plant — there will be a rich hemp harvest.
Name days on May 8 are celebrated by: Vasily, Mark, Sergey.
Comments are closed.