May 9 — Day of Glafira-gorshnitsa. Peas and potatoes «talked» for planting
On the Day of Glafira-peas, people believed that it was simply necessary to plant peas and potatoes. And they were talking about a good harvest.
May 9 was also called — Stepan the equal-plowed man, Stepanov’s day, Goroshnitsa. The Church today honors the memory of the righteous Glafira of Amasia, a virgin, as well as St. Stephen, Bishop of Great Perm. Both until the last day of their lives preached the Christian faith.
As for weather signs, then:
- The day is clear, and there is a lot of dew — to a rich harvest of cucumbers.
- The cuckoo cuckoos on May 9, as it croaks — to the rain. If he “speaks” often and loudly — to good weather.
- The fresh morning wind intensifies during the day, and in the evening, on the contrary, weakens — the weather will be clear and stable.
- Can’t you see the tops of the clouds? In the next half an hour, a strong thunderstorm is likely to begin.
- Frost this day promises repeated frosts in a week.
Comments are closed.