Confectionery forum “Personal brand of a confectioner” is announced in Simferopol
This year marks the 5th anniversary of the Tortida festival of confectionery art. Despite the fact that external circumstances make their own adjustments and not everything planned is realized, the festival has something to be proud of.
The following were created in Crimea:
- two Demeter pies weighing 200 kg and 120 kg;
- floating cake 40 kg;
- a gingerbread card as a gift to Santa Claus, which is kept in Veliky Ustyug;
- a seven-meter pie installation “Fish Sia”, a gingerbread city was built in Sevastopol.
The winners of the Tortida competitions Dmitry Pavlets from Sevastopol, Valentina Pronik from Kerch, Nadezhda Goncharyuk from Dzhankoy represented Crimea in national competitions and became champions of Russia, which confirms the expertise and professionalism of the Jury of the Tortida competitions. Festival organizer Victoria Martynyuk took part as a member of the Jury of the VI international gingerbread festival “The World of Gingerbread” in St. Petersburg and participated in the round table “Promotion of gingerbread as a national symbol of Russia” in Gorodets, Nizhny Novgorod region. The “Tortida” team built a gingerbread Chersonese at the ArtMarathon of the international festival “The World of Gingerbread”.
In honor of the fifth anniversary of Tortida, on November 25, 2023, the confectionery forum “Personal Brand of the Confectioner” and the award ceremony for the festival of confectionery art “Tortida” will be held in Simferopol.
Forum speakers are stars of the confectionery and gingerbread worlds:
- Evgenia Voloshina, a pastry chef from Magnitogorsk, creator of the international school of anti-gravity cakes GravityCake, winner of international confectionery competitions, record holder for acrobatic stunts on an aerial ring with levitating cakes in her hands. On November 1, Evgeniya created a 120 kg cake standing on chocolate blocks simulating ice. This masterpiece was made in honor of the birthday of Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko and presented at the Ice Palace of St. Petersburg. For Crimean confectioners and gingerbread makers, Evgeniya prepared a master class on assembling an anti-gravity structure and a presentation on a topical topic about the personal brand of a confectioner.
- Anna Naumenko, gingerbread maker from Novofedorovka, Crimea, creator of the online gingerbread school “Gingerbread ABC”. Winner and prize-winner of international and Russian gingerbread competitions, member of the Jury of the World of Gingerbread festival in 2023, Anna will talk about the unusual use of gingerbread art objects when creating show cakes.
The festival prize will be awarded to the best confectioners and gingerbread masters of Crimea and Sevastopol for their contribution to the development of confectionery art and gingerbread craftsmanship, for representing Crimea in national competitions and winning them. Very soon we will find out who won the Tortida festival award. The forum and the festival award ceremony will be held on November 25, 2023 from 15.30 to 19.00, Simferopol, Moscow Hotel, meeting hallsay the event organizers.
- Official page of the festival on VKontakte: @tortidafest
- Website: tortida.ru