Crimean Theater for Young Spectators opened its 37th theater season
The Crimean State Theater for Young Spectators hosted a troupe gathering dedicated to the opening of the 37th season. Artistic director Andrei Permyakov announced plans for the new season, congratulated the anniversaries of the past theater year and introduced Dmitry Afinogenov, a new actor who joined the troupe. Dmitry is a graduate of the Shchukin Theater School, course of V. P. Poglazov. Worked in London, Riga and Moscow.
In the 37th season of the Crimean Youth Theater premieres:
- “Little Tragedies” is a performance by the Honored Artist of Crimea, laureate of the State Prize of the Republic of Crimea Andrei Permyakov based on the works of Alexander Pushkin. “Puss in Boots” is a performance by Honored Artist of Crimea Anastasia Permyakova based on a fairy tale by Charles Perrault. The project “PROteenagers: Notes to Ancestors” – theatrical readings of plays with issues relevant to teenagers and their parents.
- The play “The Tale of Tsar Saltan” will return to the stage, directed by Honored Worker of Culture of Crimea Irina Faustova.
- In September, on the stage of the Children’s Drama «Theater at the Narva Gate» for young spectators of the Northern capital, the Crimean Youth Theater will show three performances: «Pluft, or the Little Ghost», «Princess, Knight and Dragon», «Golden Antelope». The performances were shown in St. Petersburg thanks to the federal program “Big Tours”.
- As part of the New Year’s campaign, young spectators of the Youth Theater will enjoy the bright and musical fairy tale “Cinderella” staged by directors Anastasia and Andrey Permyakov.
- The educational project “Theatre+” will continue its work and expand. In addition to discussions of performances, meetings with directors and actors, and introductions to theater professions, book club meetings will be held. There are plans to hold training seminars and meetings for teachers of secondary schools.