DIY cat food. 15 best recipes
Cat food with your own hands. In the light of recent events, the issues of import substitution are of particular relevance. However, it is worth noting that it is definitely not worth waiting for a quick solution to these issues from our leisurely industry, sharpened by imported ingredients. Oh, it’s not fast. And our smaller brothers want to eat here and right now. Two or even three times a day. Therefore, using the rule of saving drowning people, we would like to bring to your attention a dozen recipes for self-preparation of food that are not inferior in calories and taste to factory-made, imported analogues.
First of all, you need to decide on the obligatory products in the diet:
- Meat, poultry and meat products are the main source of protein and essential amino acids. They should be served raw (only after freezing), boiled or stewed. Pork in any form is excluded from the diet. It is recommended to use lean beef, lamb, rabbit, chicken and turkey for cat nutrition. Lamb, pork, duck and quail are too heavy for the animal’s stomach, as they contain a lot of fat. From meat products, preference should be given to the ventricles, hearts and liver.
- Fish contains lipids, amino acids, phosphorus and magnesium. It is advised to use marine fish to feed cats: unlike freshwater, it does not accumulate toxic substances in its composition. Fish should be given boiled, after removing the head, fins, tail, scales and all bones: these components are not digested in the stomach. The most useful fish include: pink salmon, hake, salmon, trout, taimen.
- Butter and vegetable oil are indispensable sources of fats and vitamin E, help strengthen the vascular walls and increase resistance to infections. Lack of fat in the diet of an animal can lead to impaired reproductive function. Oil should be added to food in an amount of no more than half a teaspoon.
- Dairy products and eggs . Cat food. Dairy products are rich in calcium and protein, and are easily absorbed by the pet’s body. These include kefir, fermented baked milk, natural yoghurts without additives, cottage cheese, sour cream. Mostly the yolk is used from eggs for a cat’s diet: it contains the necessary amount of fat.
- Porridges and cereals act as a source slowly digestible carbohydrates. To feed fluffy pets, you should use buckwheat, oatmeal or oatmeal, millet, rice, boiled in water. It is better to refuse semolina porridge: it does not carry nutritional value and contains only empty carbohydrates. Vegetables are not only a source of useful vitamins, but also fill the need for fiber. It improves the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract and stimulates digestion.
- Cat food. Vegetables need to be boiled, baked or ground into a pulp using a blender. Most often, the cat’s menu includes pumpkin, zucchini, broccoli, carrots, and beets. Cabbage, potatoes, legumes and peas cause excessive gas formation, so they are not used. As useful additives, you can use spinach, green onions, celery, basil.
How much food does an adult need
For a mature animal, the amount of feed is prepared at the rate of 5% of the pet’s weight. With a cat weighing 4 kg, food is needed 50 g, the composition is the same, as in babies: equal shares of meat and dairy products. You can mix some vegetables into your food (grams -) and a couple of drops vegetable oil.
It is not always possible to weigh an adult cat separately. You can do the following: stand on the floor scales with the animal, after subtracting your weight, as a result, the mass of the furry friend will remain.
Access to clean filtered water for cats should be constant, it is important that the liquid is always in sight. Furry pets, like all mammals, need it. Often cats prefer to drink from large, deep dishes: buckets, basins, ignoring small bowls.
A large dog bowl will serve as an ideal container: the water will remain clean for a long time, it is difficult to turn the dishes over. The amount of necessary liquid the cat regulates independently, drinking the required amount. You need to monitor older animals, because constipation that has appeared may indicate a violation of the water balance. To get rid of intestinal problems and prevent dehydration, cats are transferred to feeding semi-liquid food.
Cat Food — Homemade Recipes
Dishes for your cat can be not only healthy, but also varied. You can independently prepare basic meals, desserts and various pleasant delicacies for your pet. Many dishes prepared in this way can be poured into containers or placed in special bags and frozen. So you save yourself from long cooking and provide the cat with a supply of food for a long time.
Boil 0.5 kg of any meat for half an hour, then remove from the pan and add carrots and broccoli to the resulting broth. They must be cooked until half cooked. Pour boiling water over one glass of hercules and insist for 15 minutes, then pour out the water. Blend meat with vegetables and oatmeal in a blender until soft pâté, adding broth if needed.
Cat food — Chicken gizzards with buckwheat:
Pour half a glass of buckwheat porridge with water for a day. Boil chicken stomachs and one large carrot, then chop them in a meat grinder or with a blender. Add a small piece of butter to the porridge, pour in the pate from the stomachs and carrots.
Millet porridge with turkey and vegetables:
Boil small beets and carrots, peel and finely chop the raw zucchini. Divide the turkey into small pieces, cook millet porridge. Scroll the vegetables together with the meat in a meat grinder, then add to the porridge. If necessary, you can dilute the dish with the addition of egg yolk.
Cat food — Lamb fillet with rice porridge:
Grate freshly frozen lamb meat along with raw carrots. Boil the broccoli and rice in advance, then mix all the ingredients in a bowl with a little olive oil.
Beef with vegetable stew:
Cut the boiled beef into small pieces, mix with baked pumpkin, stewed carrots and zucchini, pour over with meat broth.
Cat food — Nutritious minced meat:
— chicken thigh fillet (turkey) — 2 kg; — pork heart 1 kg;
— chicken neck 1 kg; — beef 414 gr. ;
— pork 500 gr.
We cut all this, grind the necks in a meat grinder. Grind directly with bones, cats have a high concentration of hydrochloric acid in stomach, they are able to digest them, and calcium is needed for bones. The output is five kilograms. Pack the minced meat in bags and freeze.
Meat balls with oatmeal: For 1 kg of beef / veal / chicken in the form of minced meat, add 50 gr boiled oatmeal flakes, puree of one large carrot and one raw egg yolk. From the resulting mixture, form meat balls, freeze them in the freezer, and take them out as needed. Enough for an adult cat for three days.
Delicate chicken offal pate:
Delicate chicken offal pate:
To prepare a serving of pate you will need: 50 g. chicken giblets (heart, liver , stomachs); 1 tbsp butter; 1 carrot; a few sprigs of parsley or celery. Lightly fry the giblets in oil, boil the carrots. Pass everything through a meat grinder and add finely chopped greens.