How Sevastopol will celebrate Victory Day
During the operational meeting chaired by Governor Mikhail Razvozhaev, they discussed preparations for holding festive events by May 9. Recall that the Ministry of Defense decided not to hold a military parade and procession this year in Sevastopol.
The Ministry of Internal Affairs for Sevastopol and other departments will strengthen the security of all events held on Victory Day. We have a large plan of events for May 9, it was decided, for security reasons, to announce the time of the events not in advance, but the day before— the press service of the Government of Sevastopol quotes the governor.
More than 150 events are planned for Victory Day in Sevastopol and its regions. So, together with the Black Sea Fleet, parades will be held in the yards of veterans.
- May 4 at the Memorial Cemetery of Soviet Soldiers in the village. Dergachi, a solemn burial of the remains of the defenders and liberators of Sevastopol in 1941–1944, discovered by search teams on the battle lines of the city during the year, will take place. About 150 remains are planned to be reburied this year.
- On the same day, the patriotic project «Echelon of Victory — Z» starts at the Sevastopol Center for Culture and Arts, as well as the concert program of the folk instruments orchestra «Pearl of Russia» «Roads of War» on the stage of the Fishermen’s Palace of Culture.
- On May 5, the Sevastopol Center for Culture and Arts will host a performance of the concert-performance «Victory is ours!». In addition, it is planned to hold a memorial hour and the All-Russian action «Honor and Dignity», the ceremony of merging eternal fires into a single «Eternal Flame of Sevastopol and Crimea».
- On May 6, the historical and patriotic festival «Banners of Glory» will be held at the Sapun Gora Memorial Complex.
- May 8 at the Sevastopol Academic Russian Drama Theater. A.V. Lunacharsky will host an annual solemn meeting and a festive concert.
- On May 8 and 9, film screenings of military historical films will be held on the summer stage of Primorsky Boulevard «Rakushka» and in the summer cinema on Matrossky Boulevard.
- The solemn event is also being prepared by the Museum and Exhibition Complex of the Russian Geographical Society «Konstantinov Battery».
- On Victory Day, an exhibition will be organized on Nakhimov Square together with the Black Sea Fleet. Field kitchens will operate at the sites between DDYUT and the Sevastopol Marine Aquarium-Museum, and in Victory Park. Matrossky Boulevard will host the Victory Waltz art project.
- May 9 and 10 at the A.V. Lunacharsky will host the premiere of the play “And, therefore, we need one Victory”, colleagues from the Donetsk and Mariupol theaters will take the stage together with the Sevastopol actors.
Igor Anatolyevich, I understand that they have already been told, but we need to separately publish information about alternative options for holding the Immortal Regiment this year. All options, all formats in which it will be possible to participate in Sevastopol. Portraits of our heroes of the Great Patriotic War, the soldiers who defended our Motherland are one of the main elements of the holiday. Everyone can choose the format of the Immortal Regiment that is convenient for them and tell about their hero by placing a portrait of a veteran on a car, on clothes or a badge, placing it in the windows of their apartments, houses and organizations— Mikhail Razvozhaev instructed Igor Mikheev.
A series of concerts will be held at different venues in Sevastopol. The main one will be «Shell». The municipalities will also host festive events in all palaces of culture.