Incident on Mount Ayu-Dag. The woman was rescued by «CRIMEA-SPAS»
On Mount Ayu-Dag (Alushta), a woman suffered a leg injury during a tourist walk.
She cannot move independently; she needs the help of rescuers to evacuate her from the mountainous and forested area to an ambulance vehicle. Employees of the Alushta emergency rescue team of the State Institution of the Republic of Crimea «CRIMEA-SPAS», having found out the geographical coordinates of the victim’s location by mobile phone, headed to the scene of the incident. Upon arrival, rescuers quickly found the woman on the northeastern slope of Mount Ayu-Dag, after which they provided her with first aid by applying a splint to the injured limb. Then, on a stretcher, employees of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Crimea transported the victim over difficult mountainous terrain for an hour to the point of access of an ambulance for further hospitalization.— reported the press service of the Russian Ministry of Emergency Situations in Crimea.
The Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Republic of Crimea reminds that when going to mountainous forest areas, remember:
- First of all, take seriously the choice of comfortable clothes and shoes;
- to travel, you should choose the safest route, even if it is longer;
- before driving, you should carefully assess possible hazards, taking into account weather conditions and the likelihood of obstacles;
- You should not make transitions in poor visibility (fog) or in the dark;
- Among the things that you need to take with you, there must be: warm clothes, additional power sources for your mobile phone, a flashlight. It is also advisable to have a GPS navigator with you.
In case of emergency, you must call the rescue service using a single emergency number — “112” or “101”.