Sevastopol: part-time parents will be able to receive payments for caring for a child with a disability in 2024
From January 1, 2024, new rules for receiving compensation payments in the amount of 10,000 rubles are in effect. It is available to parents (adoptive parents) or guardians (trustees) who care for a disabled child under the age of 18 or a group I disabled child since childhood.
Previously, this payment was assigned only to an able-bodied non-working parent or guardian. From 2024, this payment can also be assigned to those parents who are part-time employed, that is, to those who work under an employment contract on a part-time basis (including remotely or at home)*.
Please pay attention! A parent who cares for a disabled child under the age of 18 or a group I disabled child since childhood and, at the same time, works full-time, does not receive a monthly payment.
An application for a care allowance can be submitted electronically through the State Services portal or at the SFR client service. Two applications must be submitted:
- to the parent — an application for a monthly care payment;
- a disabled child of group I since childhood or a disabled child who has reached 14 years of age — a statement of consent to provide care for him. Such an application can also be submitted by the parent himself on behalf of the child.
If the application is submitted in person at the SFR client service, you must provide:
- citizen identification documents;
- birth (adoption) certificate of a child or a document confirming the establishment of guardianship (trusteeship) over a disabled child;
- work book, employment contract, certificate from the employer about part-time work).
*Decree of the President of the Russian Federation dated December 1, 2023 No. 912 “On amendments to the Decree of the President of the Russian Federation dated February 26, 2013 No. 175 “On monthly payments to persons caring for disabled children and disabled children of group I”
source: press service of the SFR Branch in Sevastopol