The children were «naughty» and almost burned the house … with a boiler. 8 people were injured
Since the beginning of the year, 14 fires have occurred in Crimea due to children’s pranks with fire. Their main reason is the lack of parental control over the behavior of children.
One of the tragic cases occurred at the end of August in the Leninsky district. That day, around midnight, an ambulance doctor reported that five children had carbon monoxide poisoning, and three adults had burns and injuries of varying severity. However, there were no reports of fires from the area. Investigators from the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Russia were sent to the scene of the incident.
During the inspection, it was found that the fire originated in a one-story house. Its area was 7 square meters. The fire was extinguished by improvised means by the owner of the house. As it turned out, three citizens celebrated a family holiday in an annex to the house, while five children were left to their own devices. At some point, one of the children took the water heater, plugged it in and placed it on an ottoman in the hallway. A few minutes later the pouf caught fire. Fortunately, an autonomous fire detector was installed in the house. Adults came running to the alarm coming from the house. They took the children outside and put out the fire.— reported in the Main Directorate of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Russia for the Republic of Crimea.
Interestingly, in March 2023, employees of the Department of Supervisory Activities and Preventive Work installed three fire detectors for free in this large family. Thanks to the timely sensor signal, everyone survived.
The Main Directorate of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Russia for the Republic of Crimea appeals to parents:
Remember, first of all, it is you who is responsible for the life of your child! Never leave children unattended if possible, control what they do in their free time, do not leave matches, lighters in sight, teach children how to use household electrical appliances correctly.
Remember, your safety is your responsibility, and children’s pranks with fire and electrical appliances can lead to big trouble.