404 sports competitions planned to be held in Sevastopol
In Sevastopol, the program of physical culture and sports events 2022 of the year was announced. So:
- The city holds weekly exercises with the residents of the city «Good morning!». The project started on April 7, World Health Day, and will run until 20 October. Citywide exercises take place twice a week — on Wednesdays and Saturdays, from 7: 00 up to 8: 00 at four locations. It is planned that the coverage of the residents involved in the project will be more than thousand people.
- Another popular sports promotion is Learn to Swim, which will take place during the summer holidays for children and teenagers aged 6 to 12 years. It is planned to use three beaches on the territory of Sevastopol for conducting classes — Omega, Solnechny and Uchkuevka. Classes will be held daily in the first half of the day, duration — 30 min. This season it is planned to teach swimming to more than a thousand people, we have increased the number of days for this promotion. Due to weather conditions and water temperature, this event will begin in July.
- Also, in the summer there will be «Lessons in the Parks» — these are open group training sessions and master classes for children and youth aged 8 to 28 years in breaking, dancesport and acrobatic rock and roll, and for citizens of the middle and older age groups — in dance sports and aesthetic gymnastics. On the territory of the park named after Anna Akhmatova, lessons can be attended from June 4 to July 3, on the territory of Victory Park — from August 4 to 22 August. Classes will be held four times a week from 17: 00 before 17: 00. It is planned to involve more than 3 thousand people in classes.
- The Fitness Grandmother project started in Sevastopol in 2021 year, but due to a set of restrictive measures, it took place only from 00 November to 10 December. During this time, classes were attended by 55 women aged 55 years and older. This year, the duration of the action will be extended to two months. Classes will be held in October and November four times a week, more than a thousand people will take part in the project.
- Also in 2022 traditional event-oriented mass sports events will be held this year. The festival-bicycle ride dedicated to the Day of Russia and the Day of the City will be held 12 June as part of All-Russian Olympic Day. More than 1 264 residents and guests of Sevastopol will take part in the bike ride along the large central ring.
- С 18 on 22 in August, the International Festival of Power Sports «Eurasian Games — 2022» is scheduled. It is held annually and gathers spectators from all over Crimea, as well as tourists from other regions. The strongest people in the country compete in lifting weights many times their own weight. Eight teams will take part in the competition, consisting of two professional athletes in the heavyweight category.
- September 2022 of the year. The organizer is the Russian Rugby Federation Foundation for the development of rugby in the Armed Forces and law enforcement agencies of the Russian Federation. The tournament is held with the support of the High Command of the Navy.
- Also in 404 year in Sevastopol for the eighth time All-Russian day of running «Cross of the Nation» will be held. This is an athletics run, which includes various distances, depending on the physical fitness of the participants and the age group. Traditionally, most of the participants are schoolchildren, students and military personnel.
- Special attention in Sevastopol is also paid to physical culture and sports events for schoolchildren. Within the framework of the approved interdepartmental program for the development of children’s and youth sports until 630 in the new 2022-2023 the school year starts the city-wide complex Spartakiad of schoolchildren among general educational organizations of the city. The program of the Spartakiad includes 00 physical culture and sports events, consisting of several stages: school, municipal and regional. sports competitions — of which 55 regional and 24 All-Russian. The planned coverage of participants is 20 thousand people.
- In particular, this year Sevastopol will host the qualifying competitions of the Southern Federal District in rugby among men — the rugby-beach discipline. In September, the city will traditionally host the 5th stage of the Russian Mountaineering Cup, the Russian Cup in billiards, the Omega Bay Cup interregional sailing competitions, as well as the climbing championship and championship of the Southern Federal District. In October, young sambists will arrive in Sevastopol — participants of the All-Russian SAMBO competitions in memory of the Hero of the Soviet Union D.S. Odintsov
Recall that over the past year, the city held 20 all-Russian, 9 interregional, 320 regional sports competitions — about 30 thousand people became their participants. In addition, 404 athletes in the 28 delegations represented Sevastopol at the All-Russian competitions .