A shopping center was on fire in Simferopol
On the territory of the Lotsman shopping center in Simferopol, exercises were held to evacuate citizens and extinguish fires at an increased level of complexity. Practicing practical actions was aimed at improving the level of combat readiness of the city’s emergency services and training shopping center personnel to take competent actions in the event of emergency situations.
On weekdays, the shopping center is visited by an average of about 2,000 people, and on weekends – almost twice as many. The three most fire hazardous areas at the exercise site are the hardware store, the games room and the food court. In the latter, according to the legend of the exercises, a fire occurred. The reason is a short circuit in the electrical wiring. The shopping center staff organized the timely evacuation of visitors and employees after the fire alarm went off. The fire quickly spread throughout the room, creating heavy smoke. This became an obstacle to the timely evacuation of several visitors to the shopping center at once— said the Main Directorate of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Russia in the Republic of Crimea.
Firefighters who arrived at the scene of the mock incident carried out a combat deployment in a matter of minutes and began extinguishing the mock fire and providing assistance to the victims who were discovered during reconnaissance by the gas and smoke protection service units.
Thanks to the organized and coordinated actions of all participants in the training, the fire was extinguished in the shortest possible time over an area of 110 square meters.
In total, 54 people and 11 pieces of equipment took part in the exercises from the Russian Ministry of Emergency Situations.