During the New Year holidays, additional trains from Moscow and St. Petersburg will go to Crimea
Let us remind you that the Crimean peninsula is connected to the Russian mainland by trains of the Grand Service Express company.
Traditionally, the load on trains increases during the “hot” summer holiday season, as well as on calendar holidays. Somehow: May celebrations, and also, of course, New Year and Christmas holidays. And now, experts advise, it’s worth considering booking train tickets for the end of December — beginning of January.
Predicting increased demand for visits to Crimea during the New Year holidays, Grand Service Express is introducing additional trains on the following routes:
- train No. 171/172 will run on the route St. Petersburg — Simferopol, train No. 175/176 on the route Moscow — Simferopol.
- train No. 171/172 will depart from Simferopol on December 25, 26, 27, 29, 30, 31, January 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 at 18:40. The train will arrive in St. Petersburg the next day at 12:57.
- from St. Petersburg the train will depart on December 27, 28, 29, 31, January 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9 at 19:26. The train will arrive in Simferopol every other day at 12:35 (for flights departing from St. Petersburg on January 8 and 9 — arrival in Simferopol at 13:55).
- train No. 175/176 will depart from Simferopol on December 27, 28, January 1, 2, 6, 7 at 01:25 and arrive in Moscow the next day at 14:26.
- from Moscow the train will leave Paveletsky station on December 29, 30, January 3, 4, 8, 9 at 00:55 and arrive in Simferopol the next day at 18:10 (except for January 10, when the train will arrive in Simferopol at 17:25 ).
It is noted that the trains include reserved seat and compartment cars. In addition to the two above trains, from December 10, 4 trains will depart daily from Moscow to Crimea, 1 from St. Petersburg and 4 trains from the regions.
We emphasize that the Crimean peninsula is included in the TOP 10 most popular holiday destinations for the New Year holidays, based on booking statistics at the moment. At the same time, however, there is no rush demand that was recorded before the start of the SVO — it remains at the level of last year. Experts also say that the situation in this regard is quite labile: the preferences of travelers are strongly influenced by the current news feed.