Fig Festival takes place in Yalta
The annual, already 11th Fig Festival is taking place on Massandra Beach in Yalta. Guests can try a variety of dishes containing this popular autumn fig tree fruit. As clarified
Figs are called the gastronomic king of the velvet season in Crimea. It is good both on its own and as part of a variety of dishes. That’s why the Fig Festival has been deservedly popular among residents and guests of the peninsula for 11 years now.say the organizers.
This year, gourmets are offered to enjoy both works of culinary art that have been loved over all the years of the festival, as well as new offers of the season, said the organizers — the administration of Massandra Beach.
The 2023 menu fascinates with the following items:
- carpaccio with figs, parma and parmesan,
- figs with ricotta mousse, prosciutto and roasted pistachio,
- baked brie with fresh figs, date honey and caramelized pecans,
- Dorblu figs with pine nuts and honeycomb,
- bruschetta with prosciutto, figs, cream cheese,
- lamb tongues with figs and red wine sauce,
- quail with pumpkin puree, dogwood sauce and baked figs,
- pizza with figs, duck and caramelized Yalta onions,
- dessert “Anna Pavlova” with figs and passion fruit.
The menu also includes smoothies and alcoholic cocktails based on figs.
This festival is not so much about food, but about the impressions with which our guests then return home. About understanding the region through the prism of local cuisine. We are sure that incredible combinations with a wide variety of products will definitely not leave you indifferent and will help you better understand the culinary traditions and gastronomic code of Crimeanoted the organizers.
The festival, which will continue until the beginning of October, takes place on the territory of the Van Gogh beach cafe. Address: Yalta, st. Drazhinskogo, 31g, Massandrovsky beach.
All illustrative photos — pikist.com.