Sevastopol: announcement of festive events for May 6
On the eve of Victory Day, Sevastopol will host commemorative events dedicated to the 78th anniversary of the Victory in the Great Patriotic War and the 79th anniversary of the city’s liberation from Nazi invaders. So, May 6th:
- The Museum of Defense of Sevastopol invites residents and guests of the city to the historical and patriotic festival «Banners of Glory», which will be held at the Sapun Gora memorial complex. The festival will start at 10:00 and will include a meeting-requiem at the Obelisk of Glory to the Liberators, interactive platforms and master classes with the participation of reenactors, exhibitions from the stock collection of the museum-reserve, as well as a field kitchen.
- At 11:00 am, there will be a rally of memory, a solemn ceremony of carrying out military banners and naval flags at the Eternal Flame and the Obelisk of Glory to the Soldiers-Liberators.
- At 13:30–14:30, the traditional program will be supplemented by a novelty – a performance in the “reading-sketch” format with the telling title “Storm” performed by the actors of the Dramatic Theater of the Fleet named after. B. A. Lavreneva. This is the story of an assault group of an officer and three sergeants ten hours before the breakthrough to Sapun Mountain. The performance will tell not so much about the fighting, but about the state of mind of a soldier before the hardest test. The festival will end with a festive concert with the participation of creative teams of the cultural complex «Korabel» at 14:30.
A number of sporting events are also scheduled for May 6. So:
- at 10:00 on the beach of Victory Park, the relay marathon swim «Victory» will take place.
- at 12:00 Sevastopol residents are invited to the All-Russian competition in army hand-to-hand combat among young men, which will be held in the multifunctional sports complex «Musson» on the street. Vakulenchuk, 29/5.
The series of events of this day will be completed by the musical performance of the Palace of Culture of Fishermen «Echelon of Victory-Z» at the Orlinovsky Center for Culture and Leisure. Show time: 17.00, address: s. Eagle, st. Vladimir Tyukov, 63. «Victory Echelon-Z» is a tribute not only to the heroes of the Great Patriotic War, but also to active defenders participating in a special military operation. The audience is waiting for a new production and songs dear to the heart of the war years.
Comments are closed.