Yalta is among the top popular holiday destinations for the Autumn Equinox
The autumn equinox in 2023 falls on September 23. It is on this day that astronomical autumn begins in the Northern Hemisphere. Then the daylight hours north of the equator become shorter than the night, and those south of the equator become correspondingly longer. This day had a magical meaning for many peoples. For example, among the Celts it meant the harvest of the second harvest, a celebration of the ripening of apples.
The Russian hotel and apartment booking service TVIL.RU has identified the most popular travel destinations for the Autumn Equinox, for the period September 21-24, 2023. Sochi was in first place, with 28% of all bookings, St. Petersburg was in second, and Anapa was in third (8% and 7% of bookings, respectively), — noted in the press service of the service.
The ten most popular destinations for the Autumn Equinox:
1. Sochi, Krasnodar region — 3294 rub. / 8 nights*
2. St. Petersburg, Leningrad region — 3517 rub. / 4 nights
3. Anapa, Krasnodar region — 2768 rub. / 8 nights
4. Gelendzhik, Krasnodar region — 3421 rub. / 8 nights
5. Moscow, Moscow region — 3670 rub. / 5 nights
6. Gagra, Abkhazia — 3780 rub. /8 nights
7. Kislovodsk, Stavropol Territory — 3264 rub. / 7 nights
8. Kazan, Tatarstan — 3107 rub. / 4 nights
9. Yalta, Crimea — 3315 rub. / 7 nights
10. Kaliningrad, Kaliningrad region — 2599 rub. / 5 nights
*Average cost per night/average trip duration