Ministry of Emergency Situations of Crimea: be careful when skiing in winter! Incident on Ai-Petri — a girl was injured
In the mountains on the peninsula there is still stable snow cover. The Ministry of Emergency Situations of Crimea notes: residents and guests of the peninsula continue to visit places of mass recreation, where they ride sleds, tubes and handicrafts for moving on the snow.
Last Saturday, “CRIMEA-SPAS” received a message that a girl suffered a back injury as a result of tubing on Mount Ai-Petri. Employees of «CRIMEA-SPAS» transported the victim on a special stretcher in a service vehicle to the village. Sokolinoe, where she was handed over to doctors— said the emergency department.
Crimean rescuers remind:
- More and more fans of skiing and snowboarding. Fans of such recreation should wear a helmet.
- Be sure to wear appropriate protective clothing, including goggles, knee pads, and gloves.
- Never drink alcohol before participating in extreme winter sports!
- The so-called “cheesecakes” are especially dangerous. They are capable of developing high speeds, while being practically uncontrollable.
- Do not attach the “cheesecakes” to each other like a train, they may turn over.
- Do not ride on slopes covered with trees. Inspect the route for holes, bumps, protruding bushes, and stones.
The Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Republic of Crimea reminds that if you become a participant or witness of a tragedy, accident or find yourself in a difficult situation, you should immediately contact the rescue service by calling: “112”, “101”.