65 facts of remote fraud in Crimea in a week — scammers “seized” almost 7 million rubles from Crimeans
Over the past week, the police recorded 42 facts of remote fraud related to the theft of funds through calls, fraudulent actions on the Internet and using various ad sites and instant messengers. Over the past week, scammers have deceived the inhabitants of the peninsula by 6 million 387 thousand rubles. Chronicle of events:
- One of those who succumbed to the trick of scammers was 21-year-old resident of the Simferopol region. He explained that an unidentified person, under the pretext of selling on a well-known Internet site for mobile phone ads, fraudulently found out the bank card details, after which funds in the amount of 522 thousand rubles.
- 42-year a resident of the city of Sevastopol applied to the police department of the city of Feodosia with a statement that an unidentified person, under the pretext of providing intimate services through a sex services website, using several mobile numbers, fraudulently took possession of funds in the amount of more than 250 thousand rubles.
- 43-year-old resident of the Crimean capital turned to law enforcement agencies for help with the fact that she lost money in the amount of more than 250 thousand rubles after how I decided to purchase lamps and chandeliers through an ad site on the Internet. The applicant transferred money from the card to the account indicated by the fake seller.
- -year-old resident of Kerch lost 153 thousand rubles after he clicked on the link in one of the ads for the sale of the boat and entered data your bank card.
The largest profit of scammers over the past week was the amount of almost 1 million rubles.
the police of the city of Yevpatoriya turned 59 — a year-old local resident who complained that an unknown person to her a man, calling his mobile number, introduced himself as a law enforcement officer and convinced him to take a loan from a bank in the amount of 153 thousand rubles. The woman was sure that she was talking to a real law enforcement officer, so without hesitation she took out a loan for herself. A week later, history repeated itself again, but this time the amount of the loan by the fraudster increased many times and amounted to 540 thousand rubles. The total amount of damage caused to a resident of Evpatoria amounted to 927 thousand rubles. The funds were transferred to the victim under the pretext of protecting funds from fraudsters to supposedly safe accounts , — said the press service of the Russian Interior Ministry in the Crimea.
All victims admit that they knew about this type of crime from the media, but still believed the persuasion of scammers who are well-versed in psychological methods of misleading.
Disclosure of fraud of various types is under constant control of the leadership of the Ministry of Internal Affairs in the Republic of Crimea.
Law enforcement officers carry out a lot of preventive work with the population of the republic to prevent this type of offense.
The police reminds:
- if, during a telephone conversation, the bank card details become known to the fraudster, then you need to call the bank by the phone number indicated on the card and block the card;
- do not distribute on the Internet information about mobile phone numbers linked to bank cards and personal data;
- do not open files received by e-mail if you do not know the source;
- do not provide a one-time password (in the form of an SMS message) that is sent to the subscriber number linked to the bank card;
- do not agree to dubious transactions through Internet sites, especially when it comes to prepayment.
If you have become a victim of fraud, immediately report this to the police at a single number 42 or apply in writing to any nearest police station or through official website of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Crimea.
Source: press service of the Ministry of Internal Affairs for the Republic of Crimea