Cold is cold, but … do you hear? … Spring sends greetings from far away. Through folk omens and names of days he conveys. Today here is Theodosius-Vesnyak. Our ancestors looked closely 24 January to the weather in order to understand when the spring warmth would come. In addition, they predicted what autumn would be like and whether a rich harvest could be expected.
- What is the weather like on Fedosey — this will be the whole of November.
- The weather is warm — spring will come early: «It’s warm on Fedosey — things have gone to early spring.» A still warm Fedoseev day predicts heavy rains in the spring.
- A strong thaw 24 in January — spring will be very short.
- They also said: “If in January — March, then wait for January in March”
- Strong cold — evil spirits have fun. Evil spirits were expelled from houses during Christmas time and it was believed that 24 January they got together and behaved outrageously.
- It snows in the morning — frost will hit in the evening, and cold days will last a long time.
- An echo is heard in the forest — there will be frosts.
- Icicles hang on the roofs — February will be warm.
- Warm Fedosy will not respond well in the summer.
- If frosty Fedosy, you will sow spring spring late.
- Be afraid of the January spring!
- Frail winter is tenacious.
Birthdays today: Vitaly. Vladimir, Joseph, Mikhail, Nikolai, Stepan, Terenty, Fedor.
And even today — it is very appropriate in the cold weather in our country 🙂 — Popsicle Day. A holiday dedicated to one of the most beloved delicacies of people around the world. The date for its establishment was chosen because it was on this day in 1922 year that the owner of a candy store in the city of Onawa (Iowa, USA), Christian Nelson, received a patent for a popsicle.
Bon appetit and good health!